Monday, July 2, 2012

Summer Flowers at the Botanic Garden


Today, I decided it was time for another adventure.
It was time for a summer trip to the Botanic Garden!



I was drawn the fountain, but had to promise not to take a dip in the cool water.





              There were lots of nice places to meander and explore!













We found  a new exhibit!
The Dragonfly Sanctuary Pond was active with dragonflies, tadpoles, and even a shy muskrat!







Then...we were on to the Butterfly Pavilion
Umm...my ribbon came undone.
I'm not going to spend the next 20 minutes trying to re-tie it.
Then just take them both out. I want to play!



Rose Garden


These aren't roses...




Heritage  Farm
A working agricultural exhibit representing farm life 
in the Rio Grande Valley in the 1930's-1940's.



Happy Summer Day!
(Where are the cows? I want to see the cows!)

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful place, Jubilee! WOW! And I must compliment your caretaker on her picture of the dragonfly. Did you know that most dragonfly pictures you see are of ones that are dead? Isn't that horrid?! It's 'cause they're so hard to take pictures of, so it's REALLY cool that your person was able to get such a nifty picture. I love it!

    Thank you (as always) for sharing your adventures with us. I love seeing all the places you go.

    ReplyDelete