Sunday, August 26, 2012

Hosting Hitty

Online photo albums seem to be the new storage trunk of memories.
So, imagine me, Hitty Jubilee, venturing up into the attic
and opening up a vintage trunk, and finding these photos from the past.


I have heard that a long time ago, there was another Hitty who lived here.
Her name was Hitty Rose.
She was called a "DRC Hitty Kin 2".
Apparently one day, she packed her bags,  and left New Mexico.
Oddly, the cat, the pumpkins, 
and the fireplace in the photo are all still here.


There were also some pictures of a wooden Hitty.
Her name was Hitty Moxie, and she had come for a visit in April 2007.
The notes left said that she and Hitty Rose visited the Botanic Garden.
It looks like it was a beautiful day!





My person said that hosting visitors is a great way to get to know new Hittys.
We have an adobe guest room, and visitors used to go see local tourist
and recreational attractions. Then, they would go home with souvenirs, 
and a photo CD of their visits.


I don't think that I would want to wander away from home without my person,
but it might be fun to host another Hitty sometime.
Meanwhile,
I can enjoy photos of those who came before.
The links are now on my blog margin,
under "Hosting Hitty".




1 comment:

  1. Hosting friends, Hittys and otherwise, IS a lot of fun. We had a great time when Chip, who I think still lives there with you, came to visit us in Colorado (http://www.mirandawandering.com/2012/08/a-trip-down-memory-lane-chips-visit.html) I hope you get to host lots more friends! But I'm with you, I wouldn't want to leave the Kingdom and travel. I think the dolls and toys that do are really cool, though. :)

    ReplyDelete