Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Tingley Beach-The Fishing Ponds

Tingley Beach is a series of 4 man-made fishing ponds.
I was hoping to watch the model boats on the boating pond,
but there were no boaters.
In fact, the park was very quiet.
It only took a few minutes to figure out why.

Today is 
HOT, HOT,  HOT!!!!

Instead of model boating,
the activity of the day was  paddle-boating
in canopy covered boats.


 As I walked to the edge of the next pond, 
I noticed something else that was strange.


The trunks of the trees on the island are painted blue!
Very interesting effect with the green leaves,
but I really hope the blue is there for the health of the trees,
like preventing disease.


Tingley Beach is halfway between the Rio Grande Zoo
and the Botanic Gardens.
Visitors can purchase tickets to visit both parks the same day,
and ride the train between the parks.
Tingley Beach has a station, but it is not always used.

Where is the train?

The train...

the train!!!!!

 Then, as we headed back toward the car,
I noticed something else that was really strange!
Last year at this time,
I went on a little boating excursion in the mountain fountain.
When I was there, there were a bunch of children climbing
on the fountain.
In fact, every time I have been there in warm weather,
children have been all over the fountain.
Today, there were none.


Wow! How could I have missed it!
The water in the fountain was off!
Good thing I had not planned another boating trip!


Take a trip back to Wednesday, June 27, 2012
and join me on my boating trip in this fountain:


What do you like to do when it is hot during the summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment