Wednesday, October 30, 2013

San Diego Sunset

 
When I heard that I would be able to watch the sunset over the ocean,
I put it on my "must do" list!
 
See, where I live in New Mexico, the sunset is backwards.
We are facing the east, so I can watch the sunrise over the mountains,
but the sunset is behind is us.
I watch the sunset by the reds it casts on the mountains,
which is how the local mountain range became known
as the Sandia ("watermelon") Mountain.
 
I set off well before sunset to make sure I had the best opportunity
to watch an actual sunset!
 
 

 
I found some fall trees on our walk!
I think these are the first deciduous trees I have seen here.
 

 

 
Then I saw a spider web!
Do you think it is getting ready for Halloween?
 
 
I also saw a beautiful tropical flower...

 
...and a jack o' lantern!

 
The ocean was stunning and peaceful in the distance.

 
Then, I waited.

 
 

 
I watched the sun set into clouds low along the horizon.
 
 
 
Wow! Can we do that again?
 
 
 
 
 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment