Saturday, November 16, 2013

November Leaves

After my trip to San Diego at the end of October,
I returned to my regularly scheduled New Mexico fall,
already in progress!










After some thought, 
I have come up with a word to describe mid-November:
LEAFY!!!


The cottonwood trees that were removed in July
are no longer leaving their bounty of fall leaves on the grass!
Another cottonwood tree across the parking lot remained,
so I still was able to play in the wet and leafy cottonwood leaves!



The cherry blossom tree was turning a honey gold.



One of the most interesting trees where I live
has long leaves turning a cinnamon red.





Before heading to the craft store,
I went to visit a local open space.



The sky was shifting from an early morning sun
to the moody blues of rain.


 The field was the empty blond of a harvested crop
while the trees along the bosque have passed the golds 
of October and are turning into the ocher brown
of trees ready to lose their leaves.


As I looked around, though,
there were still plenty of colorful signs
of a leafy November! 


 The gray clouds grew thicker,
and it started to drizzle rain in the cold.


Today turned into a great day to join my Hitty friends
 and make a fall wreath!
My next stop was the craft store....


...and an afternoon of fall crafts!


Happy Leaf Season!



1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! All of it! Beautiful wreath. Beautiful Hitty lady in a beautiful dress. Beautiful scenery and beautiful leaves! BEAUTIFUL! That's the only word I've got for this entry.

    ReplyDelete