Sunday, December 22, 2013

Need a Little...er...BIG Christmas NOW!

With just a few days left before Christmas,
I wondered what was going on in Old Town.


 Holiday decorations adorned many corners,
inviting visitors to come in for a closer look.









The big tree had been lit earlier this month.





Some kind of film crew with dressed actors
roamed around.


Once I walked around the tree a bit,
I found a photo spot.


 I admired Santa from afar,


 but he smiled at me!


A tiny plaza off to the side continued
with the Christmas spirit.











Up and down and all around..
Christmas!







 Winter was hiding behind the bows and red ristras
in the leafless trees and the afternoon shadows,
but it is part of Christmas just the same.


 Back at the church,
people were busy getting ready for holiday events.


The nativity was set up as I walked around,
but the baby Jesus had not been placed in the manger
before I left.





More men came out to set up the luminarias.





These preparations may be for an evening church service,
for the luminaria tour on Chrismas Eve.

Bringing light into the darkness of winter,
and warmth into the cold.




Feliz Navidad!


3 comments:

  1. Wonderful decorations! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful pictures! Feeling so inspired now.

    ReplyDelete